Federal Ministry of Finance is gutted by fire

Fire Guts Federal Ministry Of Finance Building

The Federal Ministry of Finance Headquarters in the Central Area of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja was on Wednesday gutted by fire.

Eye witnesses said that fire was caused by an explosion of expired inverter batteries at the basement of the Minister’s building. 

However, COBlog learnt that the was no casualty nor any major damage to the building as security officers in the premises promptly put out the fire.

An official of the ministry described it as “a minor fire incident.”

However, COBlog learnt that firefighters had arrived at the scene to extinguish the fire but other fire extinguishers strategically positioned at various locations in the premises were already used to successfully put out the fire, even before the arrival of the Fire Service men. 

Post a Comment